Sunday, June 20, 2010

To Dance With My Father Again...


This Father's Day finds me sadder than usual. My sweet Daddy, whom I adored and loved beyond words passed away almost six years ago. There isn't a day that goes by that I don't miss him terribly. I don't need a holiday or anniversary to feel my loss. But for some reason, this year, Father's Day is bugging me. Maybe it's because I am getting older? Maybe because my 2 precious "Daddy's girls" are growing up and they remind me of myself at their age?

I am the epitome of a "Daddy's girl". There was never one moment in my entire life where I doubted his love for me. I always say that anything good in me, I inherited from him. My father was older when I was born. He was actually 50. I was the apple of his eye and I could do no wrong. When it came to him, I didn't want to. My father was a simple man. The son of Italian immigrants, he worked very hard his whole life to provide for his little family. There were times he held 3 jobs. He was always sure and proud in his faith and passed that onto me. I am so happy that he got to be a Grandfather for awhile but it saddens me that neither him or my girls got to spend much time together.
My sweet father held my hand the day I was born and he held my hand the day that he died. I wait to see him on the other side. Until then, I have the memories of his love for me to hold on to.
Happy Father's Day. Spend it with those you love and remember those that are far away or have gone before.
Roselle

4 comments:

Rena said...

I am so sorry for your loss, your words are so beautiful, and how wonderful you had such a wonderful father in your life. I love the photo too. BOth my parents are batteling cancer right now, it's not easy...being so helpless I mean. Hugs to you on on this Fathers Day.

Ginger said...

What a beautiful tribute to your father on this Fathers Day. You were so lucky to have such a wonderful daddy. I feel your loss.

Hugs to you
Ginger

fiberdoodles said...

What a sweet post. Our Daddy's always hold a special place in our hearts. Thank you for sharing your special place.

Rebecca said...

Precious post, Roselle. Sniff.

xoRebecca

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails