Friday, June 11, 2010

Roses, Rainbows and Sweet Daughters

This past weekend, we celebrated my oldest daughter's 14 birthday. Just the four of us enjoying a dinner out as a family. We came home and had a quiet family day for the rest of the day. Later in the afternoon, we went out back to feed the rabbits. A mama rabbit and her family built a "home" in our garden right under a tomato plant! How appropriate. Of course, our cat got out (he's an inside cat) so we were all back there trying to catch him. The yard is still in it's "winter yuk" mode. Haven't raked, mulched or cut back and planted anything new yet. That is in store for this weekend. So in a way, these are the before pics of the yard. While we were out there, Megan (birthday girl) discovered a breathtaking rainbow above our house. I took pics but they don't do it justice. But I am sharing anyway. Our Golden Retriever Emma was outside with us too (of course) enjoying the excitement of the rabbits, loose cat, and a rainbow. Megan finally caught our cat Riley and she is posing in front of a my pretty magenta rose bush.

Have a great day. Don't forget to check out the gorgeous giveaways I have listed on my sidebar. Come back tomorrow for Pink Saturday.

Roselle

2 comments:

Brenda-shabbycatsandroses said...

Hi Roselle :) Sounds like you had a wonderful day celebrating your beautiful daughter's 14th birtday. Do wish her a "Happy Birthday" from me :) My baby boy turned 15 last month...gosh they grow so fast, don't they. He's just started his Driver's training program...yikes!! They will have their first drive on Monday. They each take turns driving to their own home! I remember my other 2 doing that, and it was so strange seeing the cars come up the driveway with them behind the wheel!

Have a great weekend, and I'll see ya for Pink Saturday!

Warmest Hugs, Brenda

vintagesusie & wings said...

Happy birthday to your sweet girl & the rainbow is fabulous!!! I'm glad I found your lovely blog & I'm looking forward to following you through life's adventures!
Smiles,
Susie

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails