Saturday, May 22, 2010

Bev's Pink Saturday-Pink Depression Glasses



It's that time again....where did this week go???

I really have been hitting the mother load between thrift stores, curb junque and local antique shops. Sometimes I shop and I shop and I shop and find nuttin!!! The last two weeks have been like a big jackpot for me. I am so excited and don't know where to start first with my painting! I only found a few goodies to keep for myself. I will show those treasures in a few of next week's posts.

For Pink Saturday, I will show one of my all time favorite scores from thrift shopping. I frequent a local hospital thrift store (all sales support the hospital auxillary). Mostly I find goodies to paint. Old things, forgotten things, ugly things just waiting for a cottage chic makeover! I have only found something for me to keep for myself once or twice and never anything of value. Well, one day while shopping for my art, I came across this lovely set of Pink Depression Glass cordial glasses. Now....can I tell you how much I love Pink Depression Glass? Not only the color but the time period it came from? Everything about it calls to my ever-loving-romantic-days-gone by vintage soul. LOL I love how delicate and fragile these little glasses are. They are very lightweight and almost feel thin if that makes any sense. Anyway, I paid a whopping one dollar for the set. They reside in my china closet and entertainment hutch. I move them around depending on the season or my Gemini whims. At Christmas, I put tiny white and silver balls inside of them. The ones in my hutch usually hold sea shells. You never know where I will move them next.
















Have a great weekend everyone!
Don't forget to click on the link for the Cottage Charm Giveaway on my right sidebar. Or you can go to my post about my giveaway. Only one week left! What are you waiting for?

Peace,
Roselle

17 comments:

Lynn-Teacupstitches said...

Hi Roselle!!

These are gorGEosa! I have one single one and do know what you mean about them feeling "thin"!
This terrific find makes up BIG TIME for the other no luck thrifting trips :-))
Thanks for sharing your pink treasures today!

Lynn

Annesphamily said...

What a beautiful piece of history! That depression lass is awesomely beautiful! Thanks for sharing today. Anne

Dogmom Diva said...

I love the lovely glasses, and I have always loved depression glass...thank you for sharing..Happy P.S.!

Barb

Riet said...

What great finds. I love the pink glasses.
happy pink saturday

Debbie@Debbie-Dabble said...

Good Grief!!

A dollar!! I would have passed out! I too love depression glass , mostly pink even though I do have other colors!

We have an Auxillary run thrift Shop where I work and I think I may go and check it out today since it is not open when I am leaving work int he morning!!

HPS!!

Debbie

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Hi Roselle! This is the best thing about Pink Saturday, getting to meet new people! You have a lovely blog and I am now following you! Your glasses are beautiful and the plate in back in the first picture is one of my favorite vintage patterns. Have a great weekend! Twyla

CailinMarie said...

so pretty and delicate. I can just imagine them filled with balls at Christmas time. I think 1/2 the fun of thrift shopping is the hunt, you never know what you'll find but oh joy! when you do.
Happy Pink Saturday
CailinMarie
http://cailinyates.blogspot.com

LV said...

I wish I had a store like that here. Your find of those glasses was a blessing. They are truly beautiful.

Gracie Jewellery said...

You were describing your feelings about pink depression glass and I'm thinking "right on!"-then you mentioned you are a Gemini-well so am I. Is this how all Geminis' feel? Welcome to Pink Saturday!

Fun With This and That said...

Very nice collection. The pink is so nice Laura

Pat said...

Nice find - lucky you!

Jacalyn @ rmebathproducts.com said...

Wow, a whole buck? They are absolutely beautiful!

Happy PS,
Jacalyn

The Polka Dot Closet said...

I am so happy for you! I am on one of those dry spells, garage sale after garage sale and nothing, unless I wanted baby clothes!

Sarah said...

So pretty! I love that glass as well :)

Have a happy day!

Sarah

Atelier de Charo said...

They are so Chic!

Happy Pink Saturday!
Xoxo
Charo

Ginger said...

I want them........!!! Wow how lucky you are to have found those beauties. So great, I just love pink depression glass.

Ginger
glitter and roses

Stephanie ~ Angelic Accents said...

I just bought some pink glasses, too, by Fostoria. And I thought mine were pretty, but YOURS are simply awesome!! Just beautiful!

Thanks for stopping by and entering my giveaway, and it is so sweet of you to add my pic and link to your sidebar!! ~ good luck!

Happy PS a day late!

Big TX Hugs,
Stephanie
Angelic Accents

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails