Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Spring Blooms





"The sun was warm but the wind was chill. You know how it is with an April Day" ~Robert Frost

Truer words were never spoken. I love to garden. I wouldn't say I am a pro by any means, but I love color and "decorating" my flower beds, pots and porch. Every year I add to it. New perrenials, new pots, bird houses, planters. I am always itching to get out and plant way before I should. Early March has our Daffodils, Tulips, etc. blooming around here and even though the March winds blow and it's damp and cold, I want to get out and dig and fix up my flower beds. So far, all I've done is raked. LOL I can't stand the cold. If I am out gardening, I want to be in shorts with the sun blaring down on me while I sweat as I play in the dirt. So far, it's not happening. LOL I have a few pots growing and the last of my flowering trees is hanging onto it's blooms. I am posting a pic of my Weeping Cherry Tree before all the pretty pink blossoms fall completely off. I bought a new strawberry planter this year and it's filled with purple pansies.
Enjoy the beginnings of Spring.
~Roselle
























1 comment:

Tami said...

Hi Roselle (fellow Jersey Girl) Thank you for your visit today...I love your blog and became a follower!
Have a great day!!
xo Tami

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails