Monday, April 26, 2010

The Seashore....



If you don't know me, perhaps by now you have figured out that I love the sea. My boutique, my blog and much of my inspiration revolves around the sea.


I spent most of my childhood vacationing there. My earliest and fondest memories begin with the sea. I don't know if it's inherited, just in my bones or I'm a misplaced Mermaid. LOL My sweet Daddy was a Sailor. He loved the ocean. We spent many a day there just wallowing in the sounds, smells and warmth of the sea. The sea calms me. We live at the shore and I couldn't imagine ever living further than 10 minutes from the ocean.


I love this graphic. It's a beauteous lady sitting on a windy shore. Two of my favorites...vintage and the sea.


With that I leave you with one of my favorite poems:


There's a lovely cottage by the sea
where the Water Lillys strew the shore...
It was there I passed my happy childhood
with a loved one that's gone before.
~Author unknown

Peace,
Roselle

12 comments:

Lisa said...

I loved your post and the poem. I'm a big fan of the sea too.

http://www.palepinkandroses.typepad.com

gail said...

Hi Roselle, what a pretty post:) I also love the sea,,,but alas, I live in the desert of AZ :(,,, but I visit the oceans as often as possible. How awesome that you live at the shore.
Have a pretty day, gail

carolineAlexander said...

Roselle, I love the sea too. I grew up vacationing at the Jersey Shore, now I take my girls there. We love it, look forward to it and can't imagine a summer without it.

Patricia said...

Roselle, lovely blog. I love the sea as well. Dream of being able to live there one day. Meanwhile, an annual pilgrimage will have to do.
Pat
Patricia Rose-A Potpourri of Fabric, Fragrance and Findings
www.patriciarose-apotpourri.com
www.patriciarose-apotpourriof.blogspot.com

Carolee Crafts said...

Love your post, thank you for sharing

Kath' said...

Thanks for sharing you story with us. I love the beach. Who doesn't ? I love your picture and your blog as well. I am clicking on to be a follower. Come join me at my blog and enter in my contest for Mothers Day. Kath' at www.lilbitoldlilbitnew.blogspot.com

Roselle said...

Thanks for the sweet sentiments everyone. I see the sea is a big hit with many of us.
Beauteous day to all of my new friends :)
Roselle

Roselle said...

Thanks for the sweet sentiments everyone. I see the sea is a big hit with many of us.
Beauteous day to all of my new friends :)
Roselle

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Roselle, Oh your blog is so pretty and your creations divine!! Thank you for stopping by and becoming a follower. It is so nice to meet you.
Have a great day and blessings to you.
Hugs, Celestina Marie

Ginger said...

Hi Roselle, thanks for the sweet comments you left on my blog. I haven't started an etsy site or store yet. I do take special orders though. If you are interested you can email me at barney501@live.com
and tell me what you would like. I will do my best to please you.

Ginger
glitter and roses

Ginger said...

I guess my comment to you didnt go through yesterday. I had written to tell you I would be glad to make one of the match box trinket boxes for you. I charge $14.00 for them. That includes postage. Just let me know if you want one and what color. My email is barney501@live.com

Ginger
glitter and roses

Roselle said...

I am so there Ginger! LOL
I will email you :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails